Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Irrational child fears that upon inspection were probably not that irrational.

So as a kid I think that we were all afraid of something that now seems silly. (Some of us might still be afraid of those things and refuse to admit to it.) I'm here today to share with you what my 3 irrational childhood fears were.

Growing up in the 90's was quite the experience. My first true irrational fear was one of Kathy Lee Gifford. At the time she stared with Regis Philbin on his talk show and my mom enjoyed watching it. I didn't know why I was so afraid of the perky blond woman but I knew I was. There was just something unnaturally happy in her smile... something overly perky. I blame those nine o'clock glasses of champaign. There is just something that is criminal about being that happy every morning.

This is my "please don't eat me, Kathy" face.



Richard Simmons was another of my childhood fears. It was probably a combination of how much he screamed and those terrible shorts!He would come out and everyone would start to scream,which five year old me just could not handle for some reason. Maybe I have an aversion to overly perky celebrities.

Ferbies: they are really creepy. I don't think it's because of the movie Gremlins either. I never had a problem with that movie as a child. I could be wrong though. It's like a hybrid of a parrot and a dust bunny. It learns your name and says it in the middle of the night for no reason. That's creepy.

Oh, and if you might be wondering what I'm afraid of now I'll let you in on the secret. It's running out of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment