Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just in case you wondered what we do at the Beacon.

I've been at work now for four hours now. What I have done so far:I looked up at least 240 recipes for cookies I will never make. I participated in an editing room dance party. Oh, and I took a bamf photo of me, Katie & Eric.



I know what your thinking, and we do work...we swear. I have proof!



What we're really doing here is waiting. We are perfecting it to an art-form here in the editing room. (We're also working on discovering every single web page and rap song on the internet while pushing Pandora to it's 40 hour a month limit.) Our job description is something along the lines of putting up the online copy of the paper and dragging and arranging photos onto photos. I think it should be more along the lines of professional space occupiers. We rock at that one. Today is the day of the 30 page paper...so far I have seen two pages and only done half of mine do to lack of posted material. I have done a lot of singing though...

I have a really cool job and I work with awesome people. I never fell very useful but I get a lot of facebooking done. (Is facebooking a word? And if so dose it count as a verb?) I just wait until my stories pop up on the server and then I drag them onto a page. Speaking of which, that just happened. I'm going to go do that right quick. Ok, now that's done I think I'll dance to 303 and wait for the photo to pop up.














No comments:

Post a Comment