Thursday, July 1, 2010

AFFIRM 2010 continued

Tuesday
So sometimes everything inadvertently comes together to push you in one direction with such politeness that you can't even fathom what's happening to you. Thats been today.
A pastor told me that I was wise today. I've always liked to fancy myself wise, but I never really let myself believe . Weird.
One of the girls told me that she could really talk to me, that makes me happy. The idea that someone can open up to me and feel better about things is something that I love.

Wednesday
So today we broke into some small groups in order to do individual worship sessions for each unit. My small group wound up getting the youngest kids. (6th to 8th grade) At first I was doubtful but when it was finally worship time we all had a blast. We actually managed to entertain kids that young and have fun ourselves.
I also lead tonights devotion for our 22 campers and although I don't want to say it was great I will say it was good. (for on-the-spot-go-with-the-flow) A lot of them participated and I really didnt expect that. I also didn't expect how comfortable I would feel, it was a "yeah, I can do this" kind of feeling I often don't have. Irony, however, was still present during all of this. The devotion was over what they were going to do with their life...like I even know what I'm doing with mine anymore. (And I told them as much too.)
So I've had a lot to think about and see so far....and I'm still not sure what I'll do. I never expected to figure everything out in one week but I know that I have so far seen and been encouraged by many people who all are both great and encouraging. I'm scared, I mean...how do you get up and say "hey, I"m going to go learn how to be a pastor today?" It takes a long time and it's not cheep, and it could be hard, but I've been told and I feel that I could be good.
I know that I'm at a weird age, but I'm finding out that I'm good at something amazing...and now I just have to find out what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment